The New Process to Enter OUTDOOR Athletic Events – Spring, 2021
Hello Panther Families! In our continuing work to implement safety guidelines for everyone involved in athletic contests, we have decided to use a “ticket” process for spectators. Not only will this help us maintain the appropriate number of spectators for each event, it also provides a mechanism for contact tracing if that becomes necessary and it allows students and families to determine who will be able to attend.
For each event, tickets will be provided to coaches for distribution to athletes and families. Because our capacity is very limited, we will continue to stream as many games as possible – SMHS Sports Link. The number of tickets available per event is determined by the Oregon Health Authority and OSAA – OSAA/OHA Guidance. Each spectator who enters a contest will be asked to present a ticket and also to sign-in for our contract tracing purpose. There is no entry fee but all spectators must agree to abide by the following guidelines:
- Maintain 6 ft of physical distance from anyone not living in your household.
- Masks must be worn by spectators at all times covering both nose and mouth.
- Each group of spectators must enter through designated gates and will be restricted to designated restrooms for that group in accordance with OSAA/OHA.
- Spectators must exit after a game is completed through designated gates
- Please do not approach athletes or coaches on the field before, during or after the game.
- No spectators will be allowed at our opponents’ schools for away games. Please watch away games via Livestream.
Thank you for supporting us in our efforts to give our students/athletes their chance to shine despite the current circumstances.
Please contact the SMHS Athletic Office with any questions – 541-842-5350
South Medford High School